- The ten clubs are drawn into two groups of five. Each club plays once against every club of its group. Three points are awarded for a win, one point for a draw, and none for a defeat. If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (in descending order).
a) superior goal difference from all group matches played
b) higher number of goals scored from all group matches played
c) direct comparison of the matches played among the teams in question
If, after having applied criteria a.) to c.), teams still have an equal ranking, a drawing of lots decides the winner. This procedure starts - if necessary - after the last game on Sunday in the VIP-Area. The two group-winners and two runners-up of the group stage qualify for the semi-finals. The clubs that finish this stage in third position will play for the 5th place. The winners of the semi-finals will qualify for the final. The losers of the semi-finals will contest the play-off for 3rd place. If, after 50 minutes, the semifinal, the final or the play-offs for 3rd and 5th place end in a draw, penalty kicks will be taken immediately to determine the winner in accordance with the procedure described in the Laws of the Game of the DFB (German Football Federation).
- All matches last two equal periods of 25 minutes.
- For all players, each club must bring a player’s license or a passport. Each club is responsible for submitting a list of players to the organizer. These lists must include surname, name, date of birth, number of the player’s license and shirt number of all players to be fielded in the tournament. The shirt number cannot be changed during the tournament. These lists will be provided to all participating teams.
- Players are eligible to play in the competition if they were born on or after 01.01.2004. Each team consists of up to 20 players.
- The substitution of four players per team is permitted in the course of the match. Once substituted, a player cannot return in the same match.
- A player who is sent off with a second yellow card (yellow/red) in a game is suspended for the next match. A player who is sent off with a single red card (e.g. spitting, fighting and for dissent) is suspended for the whole tournament. Single yellow cards that have not resulted in a suspension expire after each match and are not carried forward.
- All matches shall be played in accordance with the Laws of the Game of the DFB (German Football Federation) and are under supervision of the Football Association Niederrhein (FVN). The referees and assistants are provided by the referee’s association Düsseldorf (Kreis 1).
- All teams compete for the Challenge Cup (Charly-Meyer-Cup) of the organizer. The Tournament Winner should feel obliged to come back the following year to defend the title. According to the final placing in the tournament each team will receive a special souvenir. An exchange of club pennants between the teams in every match is obligatory.
- The Tournament Management is the only authority to settle all issues between two clubs. If a team refuses to play or does not start at the prescribed time, the match will be forfeited to the opposing team with 2:0 goals. Beforehand, the clubs agree on the colours to be worn in the matches. By matching colours has the away team (named second in the fixture) first choice.
- These regulations govern the rights, duties and responsibilities of all teams participating in the U19 Champions Trophy. All teams must agree on these regulations by signature and an official stamp of the football club.
The Tournament Management.